Bravia Capital Advisors (HK) Limited Personal Information Collection Statement Relating to the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). Bravia Capital Advisors (HK) Limited (the “Company”) is committed to maintaining your personal data—that is, information relating to a living individual from whom it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained- in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorized access, loss, disclosure and destruction. Please be aware that this Statement replaces any notice or statement of similar nature issued by the Company previously, pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). Obligation to Disclose Personal Data Unless otherwise stated, you must supply personal data requested by us in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts with us by you or by companies related to you, the provision of services or products by us, or the use of certain features of our website, such as the submission of applications for employment. Failure to supply such data may result in the Company being unable to open or maintain such account(s) or provide services or products to you or companies related to you or to process an employment application as we may not have sufficient information. The purposes and retention of the information:
- From time to time, it is necessary for clients and various other individuals (“data subjects”) to supply the Company with data in connection with various maters such as account opening or continuations, or provision of services to clients and other individuals or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- Such data may include, but not limited to, data collected from data subjects in the ordinary course of the continuation of the company’s relationship with them, for example, when clients open account, write cheques, transfer funds, effect transactions, attend seminar/events or generally communicate verbally or in writing with the Company.
- The purposes for which data relating to a data subject may be used will vary depending on the nature of data subject’s relationship with the Company. They may comprise any or all of the following purposes:
- The processing of application for an account with the Company;
- The daily operation of the services;
- Marketing financial services or related products
- Meeting the disclosure and compliance requirements under any laws or regulatory requirements applicable to the Company
- Evaluating the candidacy of applicants for employment, and, where an application is successful, all aspects of our human resources functions
- All personal data, whether provided by you or another person, and whether provided before or after the date you receive this statement, may be provided to, exchanged with or transferred to, in the following circumstances as we may consider necessary whether the recipients are inside of or external to Hong Kong.
- Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies who perform support services on our behalf including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to the Company.
- We may also disclose your personal information to fulfill your instruction or pursuant to your express consent.
- In the case of applicants for employment or current employees, we may provide applicants’ personal data to entities that provide services to us relating to human resources processes (which may include pre-employment or other background checking).
- Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations.
Under the Ordinance, any individual has the right:
- To check whether the Company holds data about him or her, and of access to such data;
- To require the Company to correct any data relating to him or her which is accurate
- To object to the use of his/her personal data for marketing purposes and the Company shall not use his/her personal data for marketing purposes after he/she communicates his/her objection to the Company.
The holder of the personal data may requests to access to data or correction data. Such a request to be addressed as follows:
The Compliance Officer
Bravia Capital Advisors (HK) Limited
Suite 3301, The Center
99 Queen’s Road Central,
Central, Hong Kong
Nothing in this statement shall limit the rights of any data subject under the Ordinance.
“BRAVIA’S TRACK RECORD INCLUDES COMPLETION OF 12 CROSS-BORDER INVESTMENTS WORTH US $17 BILLION IN